Google
 

Finishing conditional sentences

1. Give students only the if clause of a conditional sentence: If I go away on holiday this year ... and invite them to compose their own endings: If I had a million dollars, I would buy… If you asked me out for a meal, I would order ... If I could live anywhere I wanted, I would live ... If I had 20 children, I would be… If I had a museum, I would collect... If you loved me ... If I went to live in another country ... If we were all geniuses ... If you came to visit me…
2. Give the 'result' half of the conditional sentence as a cue: I would be rather disappointed if ... and do the same: I would stand on my head if ... We would all be very ill if ... Our teacher would be delighted if ... Would you be well prepared if...? My friend would give me a kiss if ...

No comments: